[DeTomaso] California engine swap exemption question

Dan Mixon tipo874 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 15 21:08:21 EST 2010

PCV systems started around 1960. I bought a 1961 Pontiac in Calif and it had
the factory PCV system. I've still got the Service Manual and it describes
the PCV system. It also describes the non-smog system. In the early '70's I
bought a 1955 and 1957 Chevy in Calif and they both had been retrofitted
with a PCV system. I still have the 1955 Chevy but I removed the smog system
and plugged the hole in the air cleaner.

I brought a 1957 Chrysler 300 into Calif in the mid '60's. It didn't have to
be retrofitted because there was no kit available.

The California smog laws changed and evolved over the years.

  _____