[DeTomaso] Fw: EXTERNAL: Re: New 351C EFI manifold fromTrick-Flow

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Tue Dec 14 02:03:14 EST 2010

Hi Dan.

I milled the mating surface of the lower intake as much as I could and
still get the injectors and rails in place, and the upper still rubs
slightly on the underside of the engine cover.

It clears the decklid, but only just. The decklid covers a bit of the
lower rear end of the upper plenum. Had it been slightly taller it would
not have cleared the decklid. My decklid is probably slightly warped in
that area too. A previous owner probably had clearance issues with the
thick Hall aluminum air filter cover that was on the car when I bought it.

I believe that a Box-R will cause interference problems, but it might be
simple to just cut and weld a notch in it to make it clear the decklid.

I'm not at home right now, otherwise I could have taken some photos for you.

Cheers,
Thomas