[DeTomaso] Seat Slide Wheels

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 12 13:00:47 EST 2010

OK, I did this years ago and while it may seem like too simple a solution, it worked for me.  I should have brought this up
before.  On both Panteras I had that used stock seats, the rubber sections were flat spotted and gummed up with old grease
and dirt & grit.  I cleaned them up and then just removed the rubber section sticking out above the edge of the metal center.
I think I used a rough file or hacksaw blade...it's not critical, just remove the outer rubber.  The diameter still works well in the tracks since they're now down to the heigth they evidently want to be.  They worked great. No rattles or other problems and just cost me a couple of hours.

Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa