[DeTomaso] Seat Slide Wheels

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Sun Dec 12 00:54:31 EST 2010

J.S.

Here is what I learned about my seat rollers.

I made mine on the lathe (around 1 inch diameter) from  aluminum.

If you make them a little large, the tracks don't want  to slide.

If you make them a little small the seat will tilt fore-aft and the
rollers will roll (and click-klack) fore-aft when you stop-start.

If you make them just the right size the seat is stable but the  rollers
can still roll around because when you start the front roller is  unloaded and
when you stop the rear roller is unloaded.

So you take the rollers out, drill a hole thru the center, insert a  coil
spring (not too strong) from Lowes thru the hole such that the spring  is
trapped between the sides of the rail and you have one fine sliding seat. The
rollers can't move around because they can't make the spring slide, yet the
roller-spring combo slides easily when you adjust the seat.

So, that's what I know about my seat rollers.

PS. I also learned how to install and remove my seats in 10 seconds  flat.

Have fun,

Have fun  today,

sobill at aol.com

In a message dated 12/11/2010 8:21:35 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,