[DeTomaso] Seat Slide Wheels

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Dec 11 23:33:40 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/11/10 20 21 39, jskeane6 at gmail.com writes:

> I finally got tired of the crummy slide action in my seats, and started
> taking thing apart to figure out what was wrong.  The cause wasn't too
> hard to figure out: the rubber wheels that I assume were round at some
> point in the past now have two flats and don't roll very well any more.
> What have others done to replace them?  It doesn't look like it would be
> very difficult to cut some round stock into appropriate replacements.
> What material should I use?  I'm considering brass, nylon, and acetal
> (a.k.a. Delrin).  Does 1" diameter stock work?

JSK,

Fortunately you don't have to 'reinvent the wheel' so to speak.   This has
been a well-known Pantera problem for about 25 years, and the vendors all
offer simple solutions.

Some sell replacement wheels made out of Delrin, others out of brass.
SOBill reported that his brass replacements rattled and 'clicked' annoyingly,
so he inserted a simple spring through the center of each one.

Pick your favorite vendor, and your favorite material, and order away. :>)