[DeTomaso] Water temp sender?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 16:08:40 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/10/10 13 05 37, oldwheel at shaw.ca writes:

> The short version is Borg-Warner WT324 or Niehoff TS25571, without  the
> 10
> ohm resistor which was added for 260 degree gauges, are a good match to
> the
> Veglia 260 degree gauge from 160 degrees and up. Other temp senders listed
> for the same Ford engine are not suitable.

Here is an interesting twist.

Neihoff are no longer available either, but the Borg-Warner (BWD) are.

Here's another twist.   The original reference was for the Autozone TS-58;
that crosses over to the WT386.   However, the 1972 Mustang with 351C and a
water temp gauge reference is the WT324, as referenced above.

I compared both, and they appear to be almost identical externally; one has
a slightly longer probe.   But clearly they are different.

So, do we use the one that crosses over to the one that is supposed to work
best?   Or do we use the one that crosses over to the standard Ford sender,
which SOBill says works????

Sheesh!