[DeTomaso] Water Temp sender

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 13:23:27 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/10/10 10 17 48, PersoCaddy at aol.com writes:

> Hi, I can't wait till  the spring and I am going to put in a true  mech.
> water temp gauge from Pegasus Racing. Made in England and shows temp
> constantly.

I'm changing out the mechanical gauge in Lori's Pantera because it's ugly
(doesn't match the other Veglia gauges), and it's not lit, so she can't see
the temp at night, and she drives a lot at night.

Along the way, we'll juggle the order of the gauges in the stack to put the
important ones up top, and we'll also string a second ground wire to ensure
the readings remain constant with the lights on or off.

While I agree that a mechanical gauge is probably slightly superior, the
electric ones, if calibrated properly, are certainly more than good enough for
the job they need to do, with the benefit of greatly better aesthetics.
Having said that, I would not tolorate having a 230 degree gauge, which
probably half of the Panteras out there had.   I upgraded mine to the
L-model-style 260 almost immediately after I bought it, and recently found a great used
260 gauge on E-bay.   Hall had a new one for sale on E-bay also, but
fortunately I was able to get the used one first.

Oh, and SHHHH...this is a Christmas present, so no gossip about this
upgrade at tonight's PCNC Christmas party. :>)