[DeTomaso] Water temp sender?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 13:11:14 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/10/10 10 00 33, SOBill at aol.com writes:

> Accurate gauge readings with the WT324 or TS25571 require that the 10 ohm
> in-line resistor be removed. If the 10 ohm in line resistor is not
> removed, the gauge will read colder than the actual temperature over the full
> range of interest.

The car in question is a 1971 model; it would not have had this resistor
from new, but one could possibly have been added under a TSB fix?   Currently
it has a mechanical gauge, so I don't even know if the original wire from
the gauge to the engine is still there.   I suppose simply stringing a new
wire would be a simple process, and would also ensure no issues with a hidden
resistor somewhere.

Thanks for the link!

Mke