[DeTomaso] 1972 Gumball Pantera reverse issues

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Fri Dec 10 09:29:16 EST 2010

Before you go and bleed the clutch, I've got an easy test for you to see if
you may have additional linkage adjustment needed.  Remove the ash tray to
reveal the linkage universal. Take a long screwdriver and place it in the
linkage to act as additional leverage as you place it in Reverse. Shift it
into R as you rotate the shaft counterclockwise. If it does not grind, you
have a slight adjustment to do on the linkage.