[DeTomaso] Hagerty Article: "Pantera: Ripe for picking up, not picking on"

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Dec 9 22:58:57 EST 2010

A good article and a better reply by Adam. Sadly, old first impressions die
hard. I recently had an e-mail conversation with Mike Spence of C & D, and
when I mentioned I had a Pantera, he said, "Pantera? Now there's a scary
car...." I said, "we'd owned ours for 30 years, with my wife doing half the
driving. We raced it, autocrossed it, street-drove it 60,000 miles and no
wrecks or damage yet. You really oughta try one again...".   I doubt it will
happen but I'll be sure to forward him Pat Hals' Classic LeMans results next
summer. Cheers- J Deryke