[DeTomaso] Hagerty Article: "Pantera: Ripe for picking up, not picking on"

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 18:29:46 EST 2010

Yeah, he had a few facts wrong, but good press none the less. He did mention on
the PI board that they limited the number of plugs he could give, so PI and
PanteraPlace were it.

Favorite quotes:
"A Jaguar E-type (raise your warm beers now) is a milestone car. Period. It also
had more flaws than Paris Hilton’s morality code. Personally, I’d rather wake up
next to an E-type."

"Muscle cars are straight line rocket ships with true-blue roots, fixable by Roy
and the boys using coat hangers and a NAPA coupon. Yet they handle like a
wheelbarrow full of gelatin but with worse brakes."

"Ferraris are lovely mistresses, just as enchanting, and just as likely to drive
a Borrani spoke figuratively through your heart and wallet when it darn well
feels like it."

"Engage first, down and to the left. Pull off – at any speed you like –  and try
not to smile. Dare you. This car makes you younger, stronger and  better
looking."

"Loafing at 70 in fifth barely awakens the V-8. Stab the throttle and wake up
whatever zip code you’re in."