[DeTomaso] distributor cylinder order

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Wed Dec 8 01:42:03 EST 2010

Sorry--it's a Cleveland block with a stroker kit.

From: MikeLDrew at aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 01:40:46 -0500
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] distributor cylinder order
To: chrisvkimball at msn.com; detomaso at realbig.com

In a message dated 12/7/10 22 33 26, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

Using an MSD ready-to-run distributor with an MSD 6AL box, starting with the #1 cylinder and going in a clockwise direction around the distributor cap, to which cylinders should each contacts go?  I was told today it should be 1,8,7,3,6,2,4,5.

It would help if you told us what kind of engine you have. :>)

The 351C is different, but you have a stroker of some sort--I can't remember if it's a Windsor or a Cleveland.