[DeTomaso] Shel's Garage

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Dec 7 23:12:16 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/7/10 7:17:15 PM, rob at dumoulins.net writes:

> Both the Panteras have a parking brake next to the driver seat.  Anybody
> know if that is stock or what would it take to do that mod?

I think some wide-body cars had left-side parking brake handles. It would
take the cables (the left side is much shorter than the right) plus some
welded bracing to hold the handle. I think te handle is the same as the earlies.
Alternatively, the Pontiac Fiero and the Porsche 914 both had left-side
handbrakes, and both these had a neat extra feature- once pulled 'on', the
handle then drops to the floor so a normal human can exit the car- brake on-
without busting a leg. The handbrake stays 'on' until you reach down and pull
up on the handle, whereupon the catch releases. I have the cables & brake
handle stripped from an '87 Fiero in my shop- it's just back aways on my 'to
do' list. Its kind of a chore to get this stuff out of a junkyard car... Good
luck- J DeRyke