[DeTomaso] Lexan?

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Tue Dec 7 15:45:08 EST 2010

Well, Goran writes that his box is made from Lexan. I can only assume that
Goran has found Lexan superior to plexi for one reason or the other. I have
in the past dealt with parts made from plexi that was drilled and tapped.
This was in a stationary application (standoffs and mounts for high voltage
electrical components) which is more gentle on the material. I would not
consider tapping plexi in an automotive application. From the pictures it
looks like Goran has at least avoided tapping into the edges of the plastic
and instead used L-profiles at the edges of the flat clear sections. I hope
Goran can fill in the details himself.

Tomas