[DeTomaso] Another E-bay scam...

Cullen McCann clarkwgriswold2nd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 10:25:37 EST 2010

I'm just and outside kid here....I don't really know anyone that well, so I
hesitate to speak my mind like the rest of you.....but I have to say that I
think John is right. The seller of this car has 100% positive feedback for
over 353 transactions. That is VERY HARD to get....AND you can't fake that
on eBay. That means he bought or sold 353 things on ebay and everyone was
pleased enough to give him a good reputation. That’s not a scam. He just
doesn’t elaborate well and his grammar is poor. ..but if Dick K says he's a
good guy, and with the ebay score to show for it, I think this guy is just
fine. I think everyone has a good point about it being inappropriate to
withhold the VIN...but if you don't like it, don’t bid!

Anyway...i guess it's just human nature to find everyone a con artist or
guilty until proven innocent....I miss the days when you could actually give
people the benefit of the doubt.

As far as price...i would have thought his asking price for a rust free car
is very right. I have checked and rust free pantera bodies alone that
haven’t been wrecked are a 10k price by themselves...ZF's we see go for 5
grand...thats 15k right there! I guess I thought the car was reasonably
listed for 20k....if it could be bought for 18 I think that would be a great
deal. it seems VERY restorable to me...but I don’t see the point of buying
an outstandingly clean car only to take it completely apart and strip it to
restore it. Look at the car this way...with a lot of its paint missing, you
can see more of the condition of the metal...why does a car have to look
like it doesn’t need a complete restoration in order to be a good candidate
for a restoration? Just look at the critical items...condition of the metal
body, presence and condition of the ZF..completeness of the non-wearable
items..brackets, suspension, gauges...interior, etc...all the paint, rubber,
seals, carpet, trim, weatherstipping, brake lines...all that crap replaced
anyway! Why does it have to be in good shape or even present?

Sorry...i just don’t understand...but everyone looks at it different I
guess...I wouldn't hesitate to buy that car and restore it...and it's not my
first time either.

Cullen

you guys are all waaaay too skeptical.  If Dick says he's a straight-up guy,
wtf?  What else did you find out?  Is the trans good?  Other pictures?  Did
you call him or send him an anonymous email?  Sounds like a witch
hunt.........and not the good kind.

Being able to accurately articulate the condition is nice, but that's why we
have a group of guys willing to step up and vouch for a person or look at a
car for the good of the team.  Geezus.

Hmmm, he listed the car for 20 and he didn't take 15?  Must be a
scoundrel.....

JB