[DeTomaso] cooling question

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 10:04:27 EST 2010

As a reference point, I added stop leak stuff to my Pantera in the
campground of Le Mans about 6 or 7 years ago, and it was still stop-leaking
when I pulled the radiator and had it rebuilt last year.

I figured I had nothing to lose - if it worked, I could put off having it
rebuilt, and if it didn't work, well, I had to pull the rad anyway. I
noticed no change in temperature due to plugged pores or something similar.

I'd consider it temporary and would pull the radiator during the off-season
and fix it properly, but if I had a problem during the summer I'd probably
do the same thing - add bar leak stuff to get me through and fix it during
the winter.

Charles McCall
1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"