[DeTomaso] cooling question

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Fri Dec 3 20:50:10 EST 2010

After a test drive this evening, I was dismayed to see a drops of coolant dripping from the radiator onto the floor.

The drops were few, and formed very slowly, and it appears they are coming from the lower corner on the passenger side of the radiator.  The tiny fins seem bent, as if a rock may have hit there at high speed.

I've always been leery of those "stop leak" radiator concoctions, since it seems to me it can't be good to be dumping stuff into a cooling system designed to plug things up--especially a Pantera cooling system.

I have a brass radiator which I know could be fixed, but the thought of pulling it out is depressing.

Should I try a radiator stop leak product first, or is that a bad thing to do?

Thanks,

Chris