[DeTomaso] length of wiper arm on 73

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Dec 2 16:43:41 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/2/10 1:24:31 PM, deserttwist at juno.com writes:

> I could use some advise on the length of the wiper arm, since I live in
> Oregon and affraid I am going to get caught in the rain.

As in most things Pantera, there's not a clear answer. When our '72-1/2 L
was only 9 yrs old, the wiper arms on it were those stainless-wire Jaguar
wiper arms from the late '60s. Some late '60-early '80s Z-28 Chev arms fit, too
as the wiper drive posts are similar world-wide.Trico blade holders fit. If
your '73 has wipers that park on the left as the '71-'72s did, the arm is
roughly 14" long with max length 16-3/4" blades. But about that time, some
do-gooders forced Ford/DeTomaso to have blades that parked on the right-
suppoosedly for better visibility/safety. Likely, Ralph Nader was involved. This
means that if your blades park on the left, different arms, motor switching
and linkage are involved. Good luck- J DeRyke