[DeTomaso] StopTech Brake tour

burrid1 at netzero.net burrid1 at netzero.net
Wed Dec 1 21:15:30 EST 2010

A couple of weeks ago I stopped by StopTech's facility. Where, I was able to meet Steve Ruiz, the director of engineering. He took over 3 hours to give me a tour of the facility and discuss StopTech's philosophy of an engineered, balanced braking system. He also stated that he was actively involved in racing Panteras in the early 80s, and called out the names of some of senior members of the Pantera community (perhaps some of our senior members will remember him). He said that he would be agreeable to a visit on a weekend tour of his facility with advanced notice. His facility and engineers support all forms of braking systems, and testing. He's extremely knowledgeable about other braking systems on the market, and will give you his opinion of their good and bad characteristics. He's also a degree metallurgist and loves to discuss brake component analysis down to the molecular level. At the facility you'll be able to discuss, and view numerous braking calipers, and pads that support everything from 24 hour races, to military vehicles, and armored luxury vehicles. The facility contains brake testing dyno's with a capacities of 1600HP and 200MPH. I'm sending out this email to see if there is any interest in a tour of their facility on a Saturday while they're not supporting race teams. It's a chance to visit and discuss everything braking with one of the premier racing and high performance brake suppliers. If there is enough interest to have a tour, we can take pictures of the facility and solicit braking questions from the Pantera community. Please send email off forum or let me know at the TPOC Xmas party Sunday if you or your group would be interested.