[DeTomaso] someone school me on the Holman Moody manifold

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Dec 1 21:02:09 EST 2010

In a message dated 12/1/10 17 55 17, MikeLDrew at aol.com writes:

> Dan and I did a back-to-back dyno test comparison of
> about ten different intakes on my 408 stroker Cleveland, and found that
> the
> Blue Thunder was basically the equal of the tall, single-plane
> tarantula-style
> Holley Strip Dominator--but my Blue Thunder allows the carburetor to fit
> under the engine screen (because the top of the intake has been milled off
> lower it and level it).

I forgot to mention that we tested an out-of-the-box Blue Thunder against
my ported one, and found that my ported version had noticeable gains.   There
is an easily rectified flaw in the design that causes four of the runners
to flow worse than the other four.   The modifications raise up the bad ones
to flow the same as the good ones, and the engine is much happier as a
result.

Dan can elaborate more--or you can send your intake to Dave McLain, who did
the porting work, and he can do it up for you.

http://misn.com/~frd460/MclComp.html