[DeTomaso] Asa Jay's 1985 built 351C Forensics part II

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Dec 1 00:09:17 EST 2010

In fact, I had people telling me no to expect anymore than about 30,000
miles on my first rebuild.  But everything seemed to go well during the
assembly, we checked and double checked everything.  I've yet to check
all the bearings but imagine they will all be similar.  I'm pretty sure
I abused the engine a few times.  I drag raced it a few times, forgot to
change the oil a few times, you name, I probably did it in my hormone
induced testosterone chest thumping days.  I -did- run Amsoil in it for
some time, though I eventually gave it up and started running an SL
approved oil and then kept moving -up- as "newer and better formulas"
kept coming out. <sigh>  oh the inexperience of youth.

:)
Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie