[DeTomaso] detomaso pantera hood alignment problem

LEVITT1946 at aol.com LEVITT1946 at aol.com
Tue Aug 31 13:00:24 EDT 2010

Hello All,
Tomorrow is the big day . I am picking up my Pantera after a long
restoration. When I saw the car a few weeks ago the bodyman told me he was  having
trouble aligning the hood . When he went to open the hood it rubbed the
paint off the lower driver and passenger side of the hood and body. He put
spacers under the hinges and it seemed to help but the hood is still  rubbing.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing the hood  to rub ?
Is the body shop installing the hood the wrong way?  I don't feel  like
driving 8 hours tomorrow morning to pick up the car if the first time I  open
the hood I am going to have an issue .

All help will be greatly appreciated so I can forward to the shop.

Regards,
Robert
Gumball3000 #56
Team Pantera Racing # 3196