[DeTomaso] (no subject)

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 28 01:01:49 EDT 2010

Interesting, sometimes a vibration is noticeable under load only situations, but what happens if you a) maintain the revs at 2500 rpm whilst dipping the clutch? or b) ride the clutch just enough to preload the throwout bearing?

If a) results in the vibration I'd settle on the flywheel. Is the clutch of the 3 finger or diaphragm design?

I know of at least three McLeod friction plates that have had a spring come loose or dislodge and give a vibration, almost all within a month or two or very few miles. One spring came all the way out and lodged in the diaphragm.

Julian