[DeTomaso] GT40 COSTS Re: more on rear tire width

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 26 13:53:03 EDT 2010

I think Kirby is right.  I remember the GT40 being an Australian made kit.  He did plow up some desert at the Roadrunner ORR a few years ago but it was nothing serious.
I'm actuallt starting to get my Pantera project going with another engine and plans for a thorough going over.  I had the complete FI manifold and throttle bodies apart
last night for fun.  The plan is to keep it and drive the hell out of it or sell it for an RCR (Race Car Replicas) T70 Lola...or one of their Superlights.  Their cars are known for great design and functionality and original bodies.  The tubs are all aluminum plate & panels.  The tubs aren't perfect copies, but then again, if it ain't one of THOSE few
real cars, then it's still a replica like any other no matter how close it is.  The SLCs are really hot little cars too. Check it out here  www.race-car-replicas.com  You have to build these as opposed to the CAV and Superformance cars, although they too have a great deal of work to do before they run.  Anyway, I'm still target fixated on the T70.

Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa