[DeTomaso] Dear Boyd - was Rookie needs help

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Wed Aug 25 19:31:42 EDT 2010

As usual, I am late to the conversation and most of what I would say has
been said........except.....#1488 was bone stock when I got her. Pusher fans
abnd all. The fuze box showed melting on the headlight and fan circuits. I
went with Jon Haas's mods and love them.... and him.  Maybe maintenance
would have stopped the impedence heat, who knows. Coincidence that the two
circuits I saw overload in are the two publically considered problematic?  I
don't think so.

On Aug 25, 2010 4:49 PM, "boyd casey" <boyd411 at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
when
> people start hacking and whacking the electrical system, adding additional
> high-draw accessories (like third radiator fans etc.) that the
> fuseboxbecomes overwhelmed. But that's not down to a design flaw in
> the
> fusebox, that's down to owner buffoonary.
>
> I replaced the entire wiring harness with a STOCK 1974 harness, and the
> fusebox with a STOCK 1974 fusebox, and then wired up everything as it had
> been wired from the factory.
> Subsequent to this, I upgraded the fan and headlight circuits to
accomodate
> my higher-power lights and fans, and in 15 years since I have never
suffered
> even a hint of an electrical problem).
>
> Explain to me how a heavily modified electrical system with the addition
of
> relays and an additional fuse box supports his intital claim that *the
> stock fuse box is "Fine "
> (Sure it is if you replace it with a new one , a new wiring harness, add a
> new circuit and relays for the fans and add an auxillary fuse box) That
must
> fall under the new dictionary's definition of Fine, perfectly
> good,absolutely perfect, stock, and fact.
> In case you missed it it is the Mike Drew dictionary of facts and opinions
> the extremely abridged edition
> *
> They statements are so full of contradictions and hypocrisy it doesn't
merit
> discussing.
> Here is another example of Mike 's confusing his opinion with a fact. He
> on anything other than the stock fusebox, and none of them have any
systemic
> electrical problems. So your statement is patently false."
>
> Where is the documentary evidence to support this statement. Did he survey
> the owners? How many have altered their electrical system? How many are
> having electrical problems? How many use their cars and what is the
average
> use. Anybody that has ever written a paper in the pursuit of a degree
knows
> that when you make a statement of fact , especially one that includes
> statistical information you must include a bibliography showing the source
> of the facts. In a legal argument any statement of fact must be supported
by
> documentary evidence in the form of a bibliography. Where is the proof to
> support these so called" facts"? This is what I have been saying from the
> very beginning. Mike mixes facts with his opinions so often that he no
> longer knows the difference. He pulled this "fact" out of thin air or some
> place to rude to mention.
>
> There was an earlier post about driving into a brick wall, this should be
> changed to If a fact an an opinion hit head on and each is traveling at
BV2
> (the velocity of bullshit squared) do they merge and both become facts or
> are the forever kept separate based on the law of truth prevailing and
> bullshit always floating to the top because it has no substance .
> I would like to ask John Hass how many Fuse boxes have been sold and how
> many people that actually drive their cars have replaced their fuse boxes.
> He may not wish to divulge his privileged business records. I would also
> like to ask how many Pantera owners have had recurring electrical
problems.
> Boyd
> I am done discussing this. When it is no longer possible to separate the
> facts from fiction there is no point in continuing
>

> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Tomas Gunnarsson <guson at home.se> wrote:
>
>> Boyd,
>>
>> Actually he wrote halogen lights which is very different from HID lights.
>> Halogen lights draw more power (perhaps as much as twice the current)
than
>> sealed beams do.
>>
>> snip
>> are perfectly reliable as they came from the factory. Normally it's the
>> owner modifications that introduce electrical faults--install super-duper
>> Halogen headlights, sizzle the headlight switch. Install monster radiator
>> fans,
>> sizzle the fusebox. If you're going to modify your car electrically, be
>> sure to do it right. And if you don't do it right, don't blame the car
>> when
>> it sputters to a stop or bursts into flame.
>> eosnip
>>
>> Tomas

Ghetto