[DeTomaso] Dear Boyd - was Rookie needs help

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Wed Aug 25 15:04:45 EDT 2010

Boyd,

Actually he wrote halogen lights which is very different from HID lights.
Halogen lights draw more power (perhaps as much as twice the current) than
sealed beams do.

snip
>>>Particularly with the later cars, if the owners leave them alone, they
are perfectly reliable as they came from the factory.   Normally it's the
owner modifications that introduce electrical faults--install super-duper
Halogen headlights, sizzle the headlight switch.   Install monster radiator
fans,
sizzle the fusebox.   If you're going to modify your car electrically, be
sure to do it right.   And if you don't do it right, don't blame the car
when
it sputters to a stop or bursts into flame.
eosnip

Tomas