[DeTomaso] Fuses and 15" Tires

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Aug 25 14:45:02 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/25/10 8:55:39 AM, lplugw at hotmail.com writes:

> Since I solved the moisture issue, cleaned up the contacts, installed the
> copper strip fuses and done the recomended relay work (cooling fans,
> ignition and headlights) I have blown (only) one fuse.

There are lots of fixes that work, that don't involve changing the fuse
box. Some owners have gone to the trouble of gold or silver-plating the stock
copper fuse box contacts. JC Whitney sells (or once sold) a brush-plating kit
that ran off a 12 v battery and worked fine for such small jobs. I wasn't
aware that the old Euro fuses could be had with copper strips- thanks for the
info. Cheers- J DeRyke