[DeTomaso] more on rear tire width

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 07:32:56 EDT 2010

Are there any photos posted anywhere of powder coated argent silver campy
clones in 17 or 18 inch sizes, or could the owner of such a set send a pix
to me.  Thanks Michael Shortt

On Aug 25, 2010 6:49 AM, "Justin Greisberg" <justingreisberg at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> while it is true that the rear tires I am using are sized as 26x12,
suggesting there is a 12" tire on an 8" wheel. the tread is not really that
wide (I measured) and it does not look bad (to me) on the car. The wide rear
tire thing just looks right to me on a pantera - I did a lot of searching
for inexpensive tire options. I did not want to buy some nice pirellis that
someone had been storing for 10 years. If you go down to 275 width, you can
get a bunch of DOT approved slicks - which are fine in theory for a car that
will never be driven in the rain, but I was not comfortable with a slick on
the street. justin

> P.S. - if someone has campy 10" wide rear wheels they want to give me, I
would be thrilled to use those on my wide rear tires instead! But I can't
personally get excited about polished aluminum wheels in 17 or 18" for
2-3000 dollars, which require a lot of maintenance to keep their shine