[DeTomaso] Torque question

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 19:42:16 EDT 2010

I remember reading something about impact and/or air wrenches in this
thread, I think they are fine to get the lugs off and to snug them up when
remounting a wheel/tire combo, but forget the whole NASCAR routine ( unless
you have a $8,000 air wrench pushed by nitrogen on hand, BTW they use
threads about 2.5 times as long as ours, tapered on the end with no threads,
the lugs are RTV glued to the wheels )
, anyway, I always use a hand torque wrench when I set the car down with
weight on it ( I like 75lbs. ), using the star pattern of course. Even carry
one in the car, but no spare
( that's when the cell phone and credit card come into play ).

Elementary to some I'm sure, maybe not for everybody.

Michael Shortt