[DeTomaso] Original Ford mirror part number

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Aug 23 09:58:05 EDT 2010

  The mirror from my 1973 Pantera is a D3TB 17743-A and it also has '73
stamped above the number.  So it looks like they may have rev'd the part
number at some point but not necessarily the part.  As I recall, it's
not uncommon for Ford to rev the part number and continue to put old
stock in the box until parts from the changed mold (with the new number)
come through.  The door handle for my 1971 Mach I, is identical to later
revisions with a later part number too, for example.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
&  Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA