[DeTomaso] Original Ford mirror part number

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Aug 22 23:51:20 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

While in Canada for the Rocky Mountain Rumble, I got to talking with Dave
Rehburg and he told me that he had an original, NOS Pantera door mirror still
in its original box.   I asked him to verify the part numbers, both on the
box and on the mirror.

He wrote back:

Here are the part no.s we talked about,on the box;D16Y 17700-A on the
underside of the mirror#C7AB17743-A,.

=====

The D16Y number is from the Pantera parts line.   The number stamped on the
mirror itself shows it to be a 1967 part; I think it was common across the
line of Mustangs, big Fords, Mercurys, Lincolns etc. in the 1967 (and later)
model years.

Steve Liebenow, Mister Parts Number Transmogrifier, can you decipher that
number for us?