[DeTomaso] Pantera near disaster

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 00:17:35 EDT 2010

The two studs tha actually broke are gone. the hub design allowed the back
half of the studs to fall away when they deformed the holes in the hub. I
did use an impact wrench on them when I switched the wheels when I finished
bleeding the breaks and noticed I had put the first wheel on the wrong side.
I may have damaged the studs. The three remaining studs were not broken but
they had deformed the holes in the huband were only held on by the last few
threads.The last lug nuts just flopped off when I got the car off the tow
truck
. I may have the back off one of the broken studs. I have already taken
everything apart I will have to look in the box of parts.

Boyd