[DeTomaso] Three for the Registry

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Aug 21 19:50:22 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/21/10 15 58 50, wkooiman at earthlink.net writes:

> 2036 was a yellow Pre-L.  It had original Campy's and what appeared to be
> original seats.  They were upholstered differently from mine.  My seats
> look
> like they have 67 Mustang seat covers.  The seats in this car are pretty
> similar in size and shape, but the seat covers have seams that are (sorry
> for this desc), parallel to the direction of travel.
>
>>>Standard 1971 seats, those.

>  It had chrome
> bumperettes,
>
>>>Proper 1971 style, flat inner corner--and a flat decklid too.

> >a non-factory windshield that was chipped, and an L driver's
> gill (gas cap door).  It looked like it had Hall big bores, but they might
> have been mind train.
>
>>>Definitely not Hall pipes--they have chrome slash-cut tips.   The photos
make it difficult to tell what they are.   They appear to be stock mufflers
with upturned tips to me?   The Mind Train Pre-L exhausts had a pair of
cherry-bomb glasspack mufflers with chrome tips sticking straight up (that is,
the tips are perfectly in line with the mufflers) and these appear to be
tilting up somewhat.   But it's impossible for me to tell from the photos.

> > There's not much else to say on this car.  Oh yeah,
> it had a delta wing.

> >4965 was a black L with nicely molded-in GR3 flares.  It has a 4.6 32V
> Cobra
> engine (96-98) with an Isis symbol on the intake (probably Wilkinson's)
> and
> Corvette seats.  It looked like it had Marino Perna's Grp 5 10-spoke
> wheels.
> I didn't check the fronts, but it had Wilwood brakes in the rear.  Had a
> nice delta wing and stock style mufflers.
>
>>>That car rings a bell.   There was a black GTS-style car in Dallas about
ten years ago, owned by an AA pilot, and I think he did the 4.6 thing to
it.