[DeTomaso] Three for the Registry

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 21 18:58:34 EDT 2010

I stopped by www.affordabledreamcars-tx.com
<http://www.affordabledreamcars-tx.com/>  today.  It is located at 3036 IH
10 West, Sequin, TX 78155.  They had 3 Panteras.

I didn't have time to inspect them, but I made some quick notes including
their SN's.

2036 was a yellow Pre-L.  It had original Campy's and what appeared to be
original seats.  They were upholstered differently from mine.  My seats look
like they have 67 Mustang seat covers.  The seats in this car are pretty
similar in size and shape, but the seat covers have seams that are (sorry
for this desc), parallel to the direction of travel.  It had chrome
bumperettes, a non-factory windshield that was chipped, and an L driver's
gill (gas cap door).  It looked like it had Hall big bores, but they might
have been mind train.  There's not much else to say on this car.  Oh yeah,
it had a delta wing.

4965 was a black L with nicely molded-in GR3 flares.  It has a 4.6 32V Cobra
engine (96-98) with an Isis symbol on the intake (probably Wilkinson's) and
Corvette seats.  It looked like it had Marino Perna's Grp 5 10-spoke wheels.
I didn't check the fronts, but it had Wilwood brakes in the rear.  Had a
nice delta wing and stock style mufflers.

4465 (might be 4405 - sorry, my zero looks like a 6) was a Red Grp 5
conversion with louvered hood, stock painted 351C, polished ZF.  I don't
recall the seats, but it had lowered floors.  This car was on ebay a few
years ago.  It's the one with a plexi-glass (see-through) bulkhead.  It had
a fair amount of chrome on the front of the engine.  This one had a delta
wing and big bores or mind trains.  The owner apparently has a thing for
wings.

I liked 4965 the most.  It was a very nice looking car.  A guy in the shop
said it was the slowest.  He said the 351C had much more torque down low.

I was just passing through, and the shop guy was busy, so I didn't spend
much time looking around.