[DeTomaso] lug nut question

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sat Aug 21 13:07:08 EDT 2010

Mike,

While I agree that the proper procedure of retorqueing is to back off and
retighten I don't agree that the stud will break when retorqued without
backing off. When using a "click" typ wrench you'll notice that when you
tighten from the loose state until the wrench clicks you can let go of the
wrench and then retorque until it clicks with no nut movement whatsoever. It
takes more torque to start the rotation from a standstill and continue than
the torque needed to get there from a looser state.

Tomas