[DeTomaso] Slackeritis (was Convention ideas)

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Aug 21 00:32:03 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/20/10 6:49:38 PM, tonydigi at optonline.net writes:

> I helped Doug Hartmann drive his Pantera home to NJ from TX.  We traded
> driving shifts of one tank of gas each.  We made it in a blistering 24 hrs.
> My wife at home started having labor pains when we reached Virginia.  Got
> home at 7pm.  Went to hospital at 8am next morning. Had 1st child by 11am.
> Started new job next day.

You got me beat, Tony; I did an engine change on our only car (in the
driveway) one weekend, then found the clutch disc on the 'new' junkyard Ford
engine was a different size and it wouldn't fit the old 3-speed splines either.
So on Monday I bought a new disc on my way home from work (took the
motorcycle), installed it before supper, and Judy went into labor later that
night... I told her all it takes is careful planning.... I think she relaxed when I
told her it ran.   FWIW- J DeRyke