[DeTomaso] Convention ideas

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Aug 20 16:19:27 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/20/10 12:38:23 PM, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> ..... if you and Judy were take a small mini-vacationvjust before the Fun
> Rally, oh say to the coast: Portland, Lincoln City, someplace in
> Kalifornia.  Then drive back to Reno BUT DON'T GO HOME.  instead... stay at the Fun
> Rally hotel, do the events, forget your are at home.  But then it's
> probably really -hard- to do that.

We actually did that one year. I took off work the week before 'Vegas, and
we drove In the Pantera from San Jose CA to Long Beach, did a weekend Tech
Session for Foothill Panteras, then drove to San Diego to visit a winery we'd
been curious about, visited the San Diego Zoo and Sea World, and on
Wednesday morning we drove to 'Vegas by a completely different (for us) route. We
still got beat by Ellis Woumnm for most miles driven but we had a great time
on the 7-day, no-trouble trip. The 'short' 550 mile ride home was
uneventful but nice, too. Probably ought to have done the Canadian trip this year
since I don't work anymore.... Maybe next time- J Deryke