[DeTomaso] PROPORTIONING VALVE & BRAKE LINE SIZE

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Aug 20 15:43:54 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/20/10 10:04:02 AM, dickruzzindesign at aol.com writes:

> Can anyone recommend a commercially available brake proportioning valve?

Dick, I like the screw in/out knob type rather than the lever type that
seems to have limited adjustability. I still use the old Kelsey Hayes that was
stock on various Corvettes and (I think) disc brake Mustangs, Ford/SVO sold
them too.   Works fine 30 yrs later. Jegs, Summit and other speed shops sold
them as well. I think most Mustang shops sell them. Wilwood has a smaller
version that apparently works well. You will need to make new SAE flair
fittings to replace the Euro bubble flairs, as none fit ISO flairs on European
plumbed cars. It need NOT be accessible from the drivers seat, either- that
only leads to incessant fiddling. Find a setting that doesn't allow the rears
to lock up on wet pavement and you're done. Good luck- J DeRyke