[DeTomaso] DICK RUZZIN 4TH GEAR-RE: Dash 1 ZF Question- Internal shift detents??? Mangusta

dickruzzindesign dickruzzindesign at aol.com
Thu Aug 19 21:48:27 EDT 2010

--
All the best,
DICK RUZZIN
dickruzzinDESIGN at aol.com / Home: 313-824-0539 / Cell: 313-300-9558
Begin forwarded message:

From:   "Guy Trigaux" <gt4-2860 at charter.net>
Subject:    RE: [DeTomaso] Dash 1 ZF Question- Internal shift detents??? Mangusta
Date:   August 19, 2010 7:39:35 PM EDT
To: 'dickruzzindesign' <dickruzzindesign at aol.com>
Dick ,

Yes , the 4th / 5th  rail ( which is a kind of shaft ) has a detent   -- In German : ‘ Riegel ‘  -- . On the Fig 21-7/2 of the parts manual of the 5 DS – 25 – 1 , this detent wears the number 640 .

I didn’t see the linkage and the position of the linkage of  Steven’s Mangusta but I understand that the 4th gear is now self – shifting from NOT  TOTALLY  engaged to neutral  because  following the modifications of  engine position and  new  trans ‘ horizontality ‘ ( ... ) , the length  of the linkage should be  adjusted . That should be done before the next use of the car , otherwise the synchro ring and the side of  the 4th gear ( engaged by the synchro ring ) will have a hard ( short ! ) time .

Questions ? Feel free to mail or call .

All the best .

Guy .