[DeTomaso] Dash 1 ZF Question- Internal shift detents??? Mangusta

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Thu Aug 19 19:11:18 EDT 2010

Forest,

My linkage "should" be fine.  It hits the limits of the gates in 2-3, and is shy
of the gate limits in 4-5, which in my mind would tell me that the linkage is
plenty long enough.......but my mind has been misled before!

5th gear is very happy......

I'm thinking that because Drew told me that I needed to lube my linkage, that
now there is no longer enough resistance to hold it into 4th.....  8-)

The fact that I dropped the linkage via the trunion and the engine shift
(shorter mounts) to be "more flat" that it also reduced the angle of the dangle,
reducing resistance to movement....  PLUS, I now have standard 1" thick rubber
biscuit motor insulators....instead of 1/2" thick pads (solid through bolt) and
that the engine may be moving around a bit contributing to the issue.......

I'm going to pull my shifter box out and see that there isn't some piece of
drivel dropped down in there....causing the shifter to limit it's movement.....
Just in case....

Steve