[DeTomaso] Convention ideas

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 19:00:20 EDT 2010

I think Laurie may have really come up with a great idea.

I think San Diego would be a good idea because it's a short drive for a lot of local Panteras (including LA and Orange County).  A lot more people might attend if they can pick single day events to participate in.  San Diego is also a vacation destination that can draw people from a distance.  The challenge is to schedule events to draw participants. You probably can get a lot of locals to come to a core Saturday all day gig with a car show, new vendor products, a BBQ at the car show, and dinner in the evening.  Then fill in around that for the hard core types who want 2 or 3 days of events.

But is there a track, people seem to want that.  Is Fontana open for events like this?  Willow springs (a bit of a drive)? Other options?

Ken