[DeTomaso] the car that crashed in the video

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Thu Aug 19 00:11:01 EDT 2010

Does everyone know the car that crashed in the video was one of the 8 Reventlow Scarabs, one of the most beautiful cars ever made?
Fortunately it is owned by Miles Collier, so the $200K or so it will take to make it beautiful again will not be a problem for the owner.

The car had a tarp secured to it as it was taken away on a flatbed / hook, but I think it was severely damaged.

A normal car would be "totalled" with a crash like that, but since this one is worth $2-3 million it will be rebuilt.

Some photos:

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z9029/Scarab-Sports-Racer.aspx

I built a plastic kit model of that car when I was like 5 years old, so I have a special appreciation for it. :-)

Jim Oddie