[DeTomaso] Offset Poly Bushings

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 18:11:31 EDT 2010

Jack,

I assume you mean you had a total 3.6 degrees after the offset bushings installation, thus gaining 0.85 degrees as stock is 2.75 degrees. By installing the lower offset bushing you would gain a similar amount of just under a degree. I don't believe that offset bushings are able to offer an additional 3 degrees each top & bottom within the confines of the oem mountings as your e-mail appears to suggest.

BTW I drive the GT5 around town with over 7 degrees (a-arms modified) and actually don't notice any more steering/parking effort than when I had 2.75 degrees, what I do notice are a lot less pucker moments at speed on the freeway when I hit a joint in the asphalt.

Julian