[DeTomaso] Viewed and Reviewed Re: FORD 72 DE TOMASO PANTERA - $25000 (NINE MILE FALLS)

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 01:37:36 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/17/10 22 24 5, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> The only
> hitch that I can see is that the present owner never titled or
> registered it.  I don't know if that will be a big problem or not.

It has the potential to be a huge problem.   The seller will simply have to
suck it up and go through the effort to get the paperwork squared away
before he can legally sell it.   If he didn't take the time to formally place it
in a non-operative status, the state will presume that the car has been on
the road the whole time, so he will be forced to pay all those years of back
fees.   At least that's the way California works.   Oh, and penalties too.

If the seller just transfers title, the new owner will be forced to do that
instead. :<(

I bought one of my Sciroccos in similar circumstances (and, in fact, in
similar condition), and the seller had to pay three years of back fees and
penalties to the DMV before she could transfer title, because she had been too
lazy to simply send the renewal form in with the 'non-op' box checked (which,
at the time, was free).

People can be really dumb. :<(

Mike

P.S.   At least this Pantera is the right color! :>)