[DeTomaso] Mangusta track video and pictures

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Mon Aug 16 12:40:36 EDT 2010

I checked out this car quite a bit when I saw it on Saturday.....but missed it
running in the afternoon!  Couple of crashes sort of horked up the
schedule.....and I was out talking to an Edelbrock tech about my leaking water
pump (no not the weep hole....) when that class ran.....

I don't believe that there is a single piece of the original Mangusta on this
car (#1212) that hasn't been cut, chopped, welded, modified, removed, or
replaced......  I could see stuff that resembled something original......  A LOT
of work in this car.  Lilo may have one helluva stash of original pieces lying
around!!!

History on it was that it was originally raced WAY back......crashed badly, and
it fell off the map.   Was eventually rebuilt again, raced, and subsequently
crashed badly, and removed from the map of the earth again!  Lilo rescued it
from where ever it was hiding and has rebuilt it to where you see it
today.....or at least that is what one of the mechanics said.... Lilo was no
where to be found when I was there.

Nice to see it present!!!!!!

Steve