[DeTomaso] tech question for anyone that has upgraded their brake system

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Aug 15 22:36:24 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/15/10 11 29 0, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> My question is this , the stock system contains part #
> 01310c which is a pressure control apparatus. There is also a part that I
> have been unable  to identify that is located under the stock master
> cylinder and has a push button. Should these pressure regulators be
> removed
> or disabled since I am using a balance bar,
>
>>>Yes.   The part in question is actually a pressure reduction cylinder,
which balances the front-to-rear braking balance on the stock system by
reducing the PSI pressure to the front circuit.   This is done due to the
mismatch between the front and rear calipers.   With your system, presumably the
front-to-rear   caliper sizes are appropriate for a mid-engined car.   Too,
you'll be able to fine-tune the system with your balance bar.   If gross
tuning was necessary, juggling master cylinder bore sizes would do that trick.

The pushbutton thing is a starter interlock bypass.   There's a magic
yellow box buried deep under the dash that won't allow the engine to start unless
a number of logic conditions are satisfied (weight in seat, seat belt
fastened, etc.)   Every Pantera owner in the world disabled this system
nanoseconds after taking delivery of the car; I've never seen a functional one in my
life.   But if for some reason yours was still functional, depressing the
button would bypass the interlock box (once) and allow the engine to be
started with one or more logic conditions not met.   Totally irrelevant today.