[DeTomaso] Techno question: where is this gremlin located?

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 08:16:29 EDT 2010

Hi to all. There was a very interesting post last week about the problems
associated with wire (usually from China) that is marked incorrectly. You
must be sure that any wire you buy is marked with the "correct standard"(
Unfortunately I don't recall what it is so one of you pros can chime in with
the answer) It turns out many of the cheap imports were marked with the
gauge of the insulation and not the actual wire. Also they mentioned the
importance and the differences between Multi  strand wire and solid core
wire and how to determine what gauge you actually have purchased or are
purchasing.. Another extremely important factor is the difference in the
load capacity between copper wire and aluminum wire. Many of the cheap
imports are also not marked properly or clearly. Since copper is much more
expensive then aluminum manufacturers that don't rate their products
according to the accepted U.S. Standard will try to get away with aluminum
which
 cause other problems due to it's  lower ohm  current capacity and it's
higher rate of oxidation. I am not an expert but I recognized the
seriousness of these problems and  if some one could point the way to the
link from the earlier post it would be very helpful to those interested in
this topic.

Boyd