[DeTomaso] Need info:Racing harness @ Silver State Classic Challenge

Bjoern Flesland bflesland at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 03:21:44 EDT 2010

Gents,
Thanks for your inputs.
 I am in Grand Touring division (that's the plan...).
Below is an extract from the 2010 SSCC rule book:

1) Three inch (3”) lap and shoulder belts are the Minimum Standard required
- (two inch (2”) lap belts approved by FIA with labels and three (3”)
shoulder belts may be used in harness).
*

Belt/Restraint Age Requirements:

*A. All belts/restraints must be in “as new” condition, not frayed or
excessively worn.

B. The belts must not be more than two (2) years old in the Super Sport and
Unlimited Divisions.

The way I read the above is that harnesses doesn't even have to be SFI
approved at all if using 3" shoulder and 3" lap belts! Only with 2" lap
belts. Is that correct?

Secondly, there's no age limit at all below Super Sport division. Is that
correct?

Cheers Bjoern