[DeTomaso] Techno question: where is this gremlin located?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Aug 14 01:44:19 EDT 2010

In a message dated 8/13/10 19 53 55, steveblum2 at msn.com writes:

> I am considering rewiring the fans from the temp controlled relay to a
> switch on the dash were I could turn them on or off based on the temp gauge.
> What wiring changes do I have to make? Which relay should I by-pass?

You don't bypass any relays.   Intstead, you bypass the thermoswitch on the
radiator.   I can't remember if the thermoswitch is providing power, or
ground, but in any case, you string new wires so that instead of passing
through the thermoswitch, they pass through the manual switch instead.   That's
for pure manual operation.   You can also wire the switches in parallel, so
that the fan will come on automatically OR whenever you actuate the manual
switch, but that's a bit more complex.