[DeTomaso] Engine Builder

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Fri Aug 13 21:48:44 EDT 2010

Dick

Nice sight.  I found this info - never knew

Shake Well Before Using
I was talking to a Valvoline motor oil engineer a few years ago about the
decrease of zinc in today's oils and he gave me a good tip. He told me to
shake the bottle before pouring it into the engine. Some ingredients such as
zinc and moly will settle to the bottom of the bottle over time just like
the heavier particles in your orange juice settles. If you use brands that
have light colored plastic bottles such as Lucas or Shell Rotella, you can
see "pepper" looking particles at the bottom of the bottle. That's the good
stuff!